2006年,印度孟买。
印度青年杰玛•马利克(戴夫•帕特尔饰)还差一个问题就能赢得2千万卢比。他是怎么做到的?A:他作弊;B:他幸运;C:他是天才;D:一切命中注定。
这是《谁想成为百万富翁》电视猜谜节目的人生版。杰玛•马利克在已经赢得1千万卢比的情况下被警方以欺诈罪逮捕,严刑拷问下杰玛说出他获得1千万卢比的真相——他确实知道答案,但他只知道这些!
出身贫民窟的杰玛年幼就生活艰苦,他与哥哥沙里姆、少女拉媞卡(芙蕾达•平托饰)三人却一起经历了几十年印度的变迁。之前每一个问题,都好像是杰玛的记忆碎片,牵动他关于亲情、爱情与人生的回忆。
而现在,杰玛一方面要洗清自己的犯罪嫌疑,一方面要拯救与拉媞卡的爱。在金钱与爱之前,杰玛能够沉着冷静,选择出正确的答案吗?
(青春期的时候在宾馆)
Latika:You came back for me.
(你为我而回来)
Jamal:Of course.
(当然)
Latika:I thought you‘d forgotten.
(我以为你已经忘记了)
Jamal:I never forgot.Not for one moment.I knew I‘d find you in the end.It‘s our destiny.
(我从来没有忘记,无时无刻.我知道我一定会找到你的.这就是我们的命运.)
(最后在火车站的时候)
Jamal:I knew you‘d be watching.
(我知道你会看着的)
Latika:I thought we‘d be together only in death.
(我原以为我们只有在死后才能相见)
Jamal:This our destiny.
(这就是我们的命运)
Latika:Kiss me.
(吻我)
(电影刚刚开始的时候)
Jamal Malik is one question away
from winning 20 million rupees.How did he do it?
(杰玛 马利克还有一个问题就可以赢得2000万卢比.他是怎么做到的?)
A.He‘s cheated
(A.他作弊)
B.He‘s lucky.
(B.他运气好)
C.He‘s a genius.
(C.他是个天才)
D.It‘s written.
(D.命中注定)
host:Welcome to .Are your ready?
Jamal Malik:yes,I‘m nervous.
主持人:欢迎来到《谁想成为百万富翁》节目现场。你准备好了吗?
贾马尔·马利克:是的,我准备好了,不过有些紧张。
Jamal Malik:Because I thought she would be watching.She‘s my destiny.
贾马尔马利克:因为我认为她现在正在看这个节目,她是我的宿命。
live on what?
love
I owe Latika 我欠拉提卡的
拜托,拜托。我们接下来要游览哪儿?我们时间很紧张。你知道的,下午我们还要游览Red Fort。
Woman: Please, please. What time is the next tour? We are on tight schedule. You see, we have to see the Red Fort this afternoon.
不,我、、、、、、
Jamal Malik: No, I...
可以现在带我们四处逛一下吗?我明白只为我们两个人服务价格会高一些。
Woman: Please, would it be possible to show us around now? Obviously we understand that it costs more for just the two of us.
当然可以,夫人!请跟我来。泰姬陵是Khurrama 皇帝为他的妻子Mumtaz建造的,她可是世界上最漂亮的女人。
Jamal Malik: But of course madam! Please follow me. The Taj Mahal was built by Emperor Khurrama for his wife Mumtaz, who was the maximum beautiful woman in the world.
后来她死了,于是皇帝决定为所有前来参观他妻子的陵墓的人建造一座五星级的宾馆。但是皇帝也在1587年去世了,那是宾馆还没有一间房,没有楼梯。
Then when she died, the emperor decided to build this five-star hotel, for everyone who would like to visit her tomb. But he died in 1587 before any of the rooms were built, or any of the lifts.
但是,这个游泳池就像您看到的一样已经按期高质量的完成了。
But this swimming pool as you can see was completed on schedule in top class fashion.
但是这在这本指南上一点都没有提到。
Woman: It says nothing of this in the guide book.
那本指南是一群混饭吃的懒人写的。女士,先生,这就是Mumtaz埋葬的地方。
Jamal Malik: The guide book was written by a bunch of lazy good-for-nothing Indian beggars. And this lady and gentlemen is the burial place of Mumtaz.
她是怎么死的?
Woman: How did she die?
车祸
Jamal Malik: A road traffic accident
真的?
Woman: Really?
严重的连环撞车事故
Jamal Malik: Maximum pile-up.
我以为她是难产死的。
Man: I thought she died in childbirth
准确的讲是这样的。车祸就发生在她去医院的路上。
Jamal Malik: Exactly sir. She was on the way to hospital when it happened