二十年代的美国,纽约少年“面条”(罗伯特•德尼罗 饰)和几个同龄朋友一起认识了聪明狡黠的“麦大”(詹姆斯 • 伍兹 饰),他们开始从事走私活动。不久,面条在一场械斗中杀伤人命,被关进监牢。
若干年后,“面条”出狱,当时的小伙伴们已经变成了健壮的青年人,在“麦大”的带领下,他们开始了一系列抢劫、盗窃、敲诈活动。随着犯罪活动的不断深入,“麦大”似乎被胜利冲昏了头脑,竟然把美国联邦储备银行也列入了行动目标。“面条”不忍眼看好友走向毁灭,偷偷打电话报警,想逼迫“麦大”收手。警察与“面条”的朋友展开激烈枪战,“麦大”等人全部被杀。“面条”带着深深的悔恨和痛苦,离开纽约,回到年少时生长的地方。
三十五年过去了,几近垂暮的“面条”重新回到纽约的伤心地,他遇见了少时的朋友和旧情人,而当年“麦大”他们的死,背后竟然包含着出乎意料的阴谋。
1. And that would get me through it all.You know how important that was to me?
对你的思念让我熬过了这一切你知道你对我有多重要吗?
2. Turning over in the grave. They do it every time.Don't worry. A pansy he ain't.
在墓园里翻云覆雨,他们经常如此别担心,他不是同性恋
3. You boys caught me with my pants down that time.No, we caught you with your schmuck in a minor.
你们拍到了我没穿裤子的照片,不,我们拍到你在和未成年少女乱搞
4. Life is stranger than shit, that's all. It's a pisser. No big story.
人生何其妙,如是而已 其实也不是什么大事
5. I can't believe it. My first time, and a lousy cop's paying for it.
我真不敢相信 我的第一次是个烂条子替我付钱
6. There's more onboard tonight than just booze.It's 10 years of our lives. Ten years that were really worth living.
今晚我们喝下的不只是酒还有我们十年的岁月 十年,不虚此行
7. and spend that kiss which is my heaven to have.
她将要得到他的第一个吻 夺去我天堂中无上的快乐
8. Your youngest and strongest will fall by the sword.
情同手足的朋友 为纪念永恒的回忆而立
9. When you've been betrayed by a friend, you hit back.
当有朋友背叛你时,你就该反击
10. Better off than being dead.
好死不如赖活
11. It's ture, I have killed people, Mr. Bailey. Sometime to defend myself. Sometimes for money. And many people used to come to us. Business partners, rivals, lovers...Some of the jobs we took, and some we didn't. Yours is one we would never touch.
你说的没错,贝利先生,我杀过人。有时是为了自卫,有时是为了钱。曾有许多人来找我们,生意上的伙伴,对手,女人。。。有些事情我们做,有些我们不做。我们永远猜不透你在想什么。
12. Don't you ever say that to me. Don't ever say that to me again!
不准你这么说 不准你再这么说我
13. Ends justify means in decisive gangland encounter.
即使是黑社会,也能带来好结局