平和英语村
 
免费英语学习资料 > 英语口语 > 日常口语

情景对话:社会保险与老年生活

时间:2017-05-18 11:31:57  
来源:平和英语村  作者:平和英语村

A:Man, they take a lot of our paycheck. 
嘿,他们从我的薪水里扣了不少钱哦。

B:Yeah, the government really takes a bite, doesn’t it?
是呀,政府确实扣除不少。

A:Seriously. The only tax I don’t mind them taking is social security. It’s only a few dollars every paycheck. 
当然。只有社会保险这种税我不介意上交。每回只要从薪水里面扣除几元钱。

B:Yeah, I don’t mind it either. We’ll both end up rich slobs and not need it, but what if we do, you know?
是呀,我也不介意。我们最终肯定不会缺钱也不会需要它,但是如果我们有这个钱的话,你知道?

A:Yeah. It won’t be much, but at least we’ll have a monthly check when we get old. 
是呀,虽然不多,但是最少老了以后每个月有一个固定收入。

B:Yeah. My grandmother gets by on social security and the money my grandfather invested when he was alive.
是呀,我祖母就是靠社会保险金和祖父在世时的投资生活。

A:Let’s just hope the politicians don’t figure out a way to spend it. 
让我们巴望政治家们不会想着法子把它用掉吧。

B:Really?No, they couldn’t. None of them would have jobs if they did.
真的吗?不,不会的。如果他们这样做了,他们的工作就不保了。

1. take 扣除,拿走
The more you take, the less we will have.
你拿走的越多,我们有的就越少。

2. paycheck 薪水
Her new paycheck covers her mortgage but not her other living expenses.
她的薪水能还得起按揭,但是不够支撑别的花销。

3. take a bite 咬一口,捞一笔,扣除一部分
I can't wait to take a bite of the pumpernickel.
我真想马上就吃一口那裸麦粗面包。

4. seriously 当然,确实
Do you really love her? Seriously.
你确实爱她吗?千真万确。

9t01.jpg 


本文链接:https://www.pinghe.com/study/Oral/oralenglish/2017-05-18/1505.html

※ 隐私声明
在线咨询
电话咨询