A:Hey, daughter, let me ask you something.
嘿,女儿,我来问你一点事情。
B:Yes, dad?
什么事,爸爸?
A:Do you have life insurance?
你买了人寿保险吗?
B:Well, no. It just seemed like another bill we’d have to pay.
哦,没有。这好像是我们必须支付的另外一项开支。
A:You have children now. What if something, God forbid, happens to you?
你现在也有小孩了。如果万一有什么不测,当然但愿不会如此,那该怎么办?
B:That’s true. Well, how much do you think I should get?
那倒是。哦,我可以得多少?
A:A $100,000 policy shouldn’t be too expensive. Here, call my agent. He’ll give you a good deal.
10万元保单不算贵。给你这个,打个电话给我的代理人,他会给你一个合理的价钱。
1.ask sb sth 问某人某事
They asked me my work experience, discussed previous jobs and requested two business attire photos and one casual dress photo.
他们询问了我的工作经历,谈论了我以前的工作,问我要了两张穿职业装的照片和一张穿便装的照片。
2. what if...? 要是……怎么办?
What if he never came back?
他要是再也不回来怎么办?
3. seem like... 好像,好像是……
It may seem as if mosquitoes bite everyone and everything, but believe it or not, they are very picky eaters.
也许看起来好像蚊子会叮任何人,任何东西,但信不信由你,它们是非常挑食的。
4. a good deal 便宜;好交易;许多;大量
What a good deal! You are really lucky to have bought this coat.
太合适啦!你真幸运,能买到这么好的衣服。