时间:2017-08-08 17:53:34
来源:网络 作者:May
25. BLEW ME AWAY: when something blows you away, you’re extremely impressed by it
25.被彻底打败:被某物深深迷住,无法自拔
The exhibition just blew me away. I’d never seen so many beautiful paintings before.
我被这个展览彻底吸引了。在此之前,我从未见过如此美妙的画作。
26. BLOW SMOKE:to exaggerate or say things that aren’t true to make you seem better/ more knowledgeable than in reality
26.说空话:夸大并不可靠的假象以显得更加真实
I’m not blowing smoke. I have honestly read War and Peace by Tolstoy.
不说大话,我真的读过托尔斯泰的《战争与和平》。
27. CRY WOLF: to call for help when you don’t need it
27.谎报军情:在不需要帮忙的时候请求帮助
Do you think Peter is in trouble or is he just crying wolf?
你觉得皮特真的遇上麻烦了还是谎报军情?
28. COULDN’T CARE LESS:used to express total lack of interest in something
28.漠不关心:表示对某事极不关心
That man stole a bottle of wine from the shop.
-Oh, really? I couldn’t care less.
那人从商店偷了一瓶酒。
-是吗?对此我一点都不关心。
29. BE CHUFFED TO BITS:to be pleased and happy
29.心满意足:感到愉悦或开心
Hey, thanks for the present! I’m chuffed to bits.
你能来,我太开心了。
30. FEELING UNDER THE WEATHER:to be ill or unable to do regular activities
30.感觉不适:生病或无法正常活动
I think I’m going to have to take the day off work. I feel quite under the weather today.
身体有些不适,今天我得请假。
31. BE TICKLED PINK: to be excited and happy
31.乐坏了:十分开心
She was tickled pink by all the compliments she’d received.
听到那些赞美之言,她乐坏了。
32.A BAKER’S DOZEN: thirteen
32.面包师的一打:意为十三
Check out our baker’s dozen language learning tips.
看看这十三条语言学习技巧。
33. COMFORT FOOD: food that makes you feels better, because it reminds you of your childhood
33.爽心食物:让人感到安慰、掀起童年记忆的食物
After a tiring day, it’s so nice to make some comfort food and settle down with a good book.
忙碌一天后能够吃到爽心的食物,轻轻松松看会儿书,真好啊。
34. SKELETON CREW: the minimum number of people needed to keep a service/office operating
34.核心人员:少数不可替人员或操作项目
Can you come back after the holidays? We’re operating with a skeleton crew at the moment.
假期过后能尽快回来吗?我们正在处理一项核心操作。
35. LET THE CHIPS FALL WHERE THEY MAY:to let something happen, no matter what happens next
35.不顾后果:执意做某事,不管后果如何
I must tell John how I feel about him, let the chips fall where they may.
无论发生什么后果,我都得告诉约翰自己对他的看法。
36. NO-BRAINER:an easy decision
36.明摆的事:显而易见的事
Do you think I should propose to Judy?
-Come on, it’s a no-brainer. She’s such a fantastic woman!
我该向朱迪求婚吗?
-这还用说,她多动人啊!
37. A STONE’S THROW: very near
37.一步之遥:非常近
The hotel was a stone’s throw from the beach. I loved it.
这家酒店离沙滩一步之遥,我很喜欢。