时间:2017-07-10 20:43:00
来源:网络 作者:May
1.Not really
Mia’ mom: Are you feeling confident?
米亚妈妈:感觉有信心吗?
Mia: Not really.
米亚:不太有。
Notes: Not really.不是,事实上不是,不见得,不完全是。带有一丝模糊色彩的否定。对于即将到来的课堂演讲,米亚非常紧张。希望自己有信心但好像并没有。
2.make your speech
Just remember, when you make your speech, don’t look at the people.
你只要记得,在你演讲的时候,不要看下面的人。
Notes:make your speech/make a speech: 偏向于公开性的发言,发表演讲
Pick a spot on the back wall, don’t take your eyes off it and speak loudly.
盯着后面墙的某个地方,不要转移视线,大声发言。
Notes:take your eyes off …不看……
米亚妈妈的这段演讲技巧栩栩如生,颇为实用。
3. I doubt it.
Mia:Have a nice day.
米亚:祝你愉快。
Neighbour:I doubt it.
邻居:我很怀疑。
Notes:I doubt it.我怀疑,表示不相信某件事是真的,会真的发生。
I really doubt it.我真的怀疑。
I highly/rather doubt it.我非常/相当怀疑。
no doubt无疑,必定
4.show-off
He's such a show-off.
他真是爱出风头。
show-off: 名词,爱炫耀的人,爱卖弄的人
show off: 去掉连接符成为一个动词短语,表示炫耀,卖弄。例:
She is showing off something again.
她又在炫耀什么东西了。
5.throw up
You threw up and ran away, huh?
你吐了,然后还逃跑了,对吧?
Anyway,I’ll go talk to your debate teacher and straighten it all out.
没关系,我会和你的辩论老师谈谈,把这件事解决。
throw up:原意“抛起来”,在这里是“呕吐”之意,此外还有“放弃,辞(职)”的意思。例:
Why did you throw up your studies?
你为什么放弃学业?
straighten things out: 摆平,弄清楚。例:
My sister got some trouble, I have to straighten it out for her.
我妹妹有了点麻烦,我得帮她把事情解决。
straighten somebody out: (使)某人了解真相,消除疑虑,好转,恢复正常。例:
Maybe the book would help to straighten him out.
也许这本书可以让他好转。