A:Of course there’s someone home!There are two cars in the driveway and I see lights on in the house!Hello!Anybody home? We would like to know if you want to sponsor us in our school fundraiser. Fifty percent of the profits go towards the new school playground!
家里肯定有人。车道上有两辆车,而且我看到了屋里的灯光。请问家里有人吗?我们想知道您是否愿意资助我们的学校募捐活动。一般的利润将用来建学校的新操场。
B:I don’t know why anyone would want what’s in this catalog anyway. It’s just a bunch of tacky Christmas ornaments, Cd’s of old people singing Christmas songs, and special crackers and cheeses and boxes of chocolates.
我不明白为什么大家都想知道这个登记薄里有什么。这只是一串俗气的圣诞饰品。 人们唱圣诞歌曲的CD和一些特殊的饼干,奶酪和巧克力箱子。
A:You don’t like chocolates?
你不喜欢巧克力?
BNot this kind.They’ve got weird names like ganache and praline.
这种不喜欢,他们有像甘纳许和杏仁糖这类的奇怪名字。
A:Look! I just saw someone walking around inside! These people are being very rude!
看,我刚刚看到有人在里面走哦那个,这些人真粗鲁。
B:Finally, someone’s coming!
还好,有人来了。
A:They don’t look too happy.
他们看起来不高兴。
B:Hi, sir. Would you like to sponsor us or make a donation to…?
你好,先生,你愿意资助我们或是捐钱给……?
A:What grade are you kids in?
你们读几年?
B:Grade seven.
7年级。
A:No soliciting.
禁止乞讨。