A:Can I help you?
有什么我能帮忙的吗?
B:Yes.I am interested in applying for graduate school here.
是的,我很想申请这里的研究生院。
A:Alright. Do you have some specific questions?
很好,你有什么特别的问题吗?
B:Not really. I am in Madison visiting a friend.And I would like to go to school here too. So he told me to come to this office.
没有,我在麦迪逊拜访朋友。我想要到这里上课,他告诉我到这间办公室来。
A:Have you sent in an application already?
你寄申请表来了吗?
B:No, I haven't.
不,我还没。
A:Well, I'm sorry to tell you,but the deadline for applications has already passed.
嗯,我很抱歉地告诉你,截止日期已经过去了。
B:I'm sorry. What does that mean?
我很抱歉。那是什么意思?
A:That means it is already too late to apply for school this fall semester.
那意思就是要申请在秋季入学已经太晚了。
B:Really?
真的吗?
A:Yes. The Graduate School accepts no applications after January 29th.And it is already February fifth.So if you apply, you must apply to begin first semester next year.
是的,研究生院在一月二十九日后停止接受申请表。而现在已经是二月五日了。所以你申请的话,你必须申请明年的第一个学期。
B:That is January next year. Yes?
那是明年的一月,是吗?
A:That's right.
没错。
B:Alright. Well, can you tell me what I need in my application?
好吧。嗯,你能告诉我在申请时需要做些什么吗?
A:All the information is included in the application packet.
所有的资料都包含在申请表的袋子里。
B:I'm sure it is. But could you tell me also?I might not understand something in the packet information.
我确定是有的,但是你可以也告诉我好吗?我或许并不了解一些在申请表袋里的资料。
A:All applicants to the graduate school must have three letters of recommendation.They must have official university transcripts sent directly from their previous school.
所有申请研究生院的人都需要有三封推荐信。他们也要让原学校寄来正式大学的成绩单。
B:I can't send my transcripts myself?
我不能自己寄我的成绩单吗?
A:No. Your school must send them to us.Also, all graduate students must have GRE or GMAT scores sent to us by the testing center.
不能。你的学校必须要寄给我们。还有,所有的研究生必需要有 GRE 或是 GMAT 的成绩,由考试中心寄给我们。
B:How much is the application fee for applying to graduate school?
申请研究生院的申请费是多少?
A:The application fee is $50.
申请费是五十美元。
B:Alright. Give me one application packet please.I'll take it back and start to fill it out
好的,请给我一套申请表。我带回去就开始填写。
A:Here you are.
这里就是。
B:Thank you.
谢谢你。