A:Well, I'm glad you're finally back. I was wondering what happened.
很高兴你终于回来了。我还在想发生了什么事。
B:We got lost coming back. I guess I don't really know this town yet.
我们回来时迷路了,我对这个城镇还不太熟悉。
A:You got lost. You're kidding!
你迷路了,开玩笑吧!
B:No. We took a wrong turn somewhere.And Joseph doesn't know the town at all. So I started giving him directions.But I didn't really know where we were. So we got seriously lost.
没有。我们在某个地方转错方向。约瑟夫对这个城镇一点儿都不熟悉,所以我开始指路。但是我实在不知道我们在哪儿,所以当真就迷路了。
A:You could have called.
你可以打电话啊。
B:I know I could have. But finally we asked someone where we were.
我知道,但是最后我们终于问到人了。
A:You've been gone for two hours. How could you get lost for so long?
你们出去两小时了,怎么会迷路这么久?
B:Guess where we ended up.When we finally decided to ask someone, they told us we were in Grangerfield.
你猜我们到哪里了。当我们终于决定问人时,他们说我们在农场村。
A:Grangerfield! You were in Grangerfield?That's a completely different town! How could you drive to a completely different town?
农场村!你们到了农场村?那是完全不同的城镇!你们怎么会开到完全不同的城镇?
B:I don't know.The person we asked had to give us directions to the highway to get back here.
不知道。我们问的那个人要我们走高速公路回到这里来。
A:Grangerfield is like a dozen miles away from here.
农场村离这里有十几哩。
B:I know it is. I don't know how it happened.
我知道。我不晓得这是怎么发生的。
A:Maybe you were too busy looking at Joseph, and you weren't paying attention to the road.
也许你忙着看约瑟夫,没专心看路。
B:Oh, that's what you think, huh?
你是那么想吗?
A:Yes, that's what I think.Maybe the next time you go out with him to buy groceries, you'll get lost for even longer.Maybe five hours or so.
是的,我是那么想。也许下次你和他去杂货店买东西会迷路更久也许要5个小时。
1. kind of 有点
You are kind of stupid in asking that sensitive question.
你问那个敏感的问题,真是有点蠢。
2. get lost 走丢,迷路
I was lost without a sense of direction when in the jungle.
身置热带雨林中,我完全没有了方向感。
3. take a (wrong/right/left) turn 转错方向;向右转;向左转
Walk ahead and take a right turn when you see a candy shop.
向前走,在看到糖果屋的时候向右转。
4. give sb directions 给某人指路
When I lost my confidence and courage, he gave me directions about what I should do.
当我失去信心和勇气时,他告诉我我应该怎样做。
5. could have done 本能够做某事
You could have told her, but you didn't.
你本能够告诉她的,但你没有这样做。