时间:2017-07-18 16:11:10
来源:网络 作者:May
John: "Do you have any siblings?"
你有兄弟姐妹吗?
Sam: "No, I am an only child. What about you?"
没有,我是独生子。你呢?
John: "I have 2 brothers and a sister!"
我有2个兄弟和1个姐妹。
Sam: "Wow, a big family... I would have liked a sister"
哇噢,好大一家子...我也想要有1个姐妹。
John: "Yes, my brothers are both married and have kids. Family gatherings can be quite lively"
是啊,我的哥哥们都结婚了,有孩子了。家庭聚会总是很活泼热闹。
Sam: "So you have nieces and nephews then?"
那么你有侄女或侄子吗?
John: "Oh yes. My sister divorced my brother-in-law before they had any kids but my brothers..."
有的,我的姐姐和我姐夫之前离婚了,他们有孩子的,但是我哥哥...
Sam: "Your parents must be very proud!"
你的父母肯定非常自豪!
John: "It's Gran that is most proud. Grandfather and her love to baby sit."
Gran最让我们自豪,祖父和她非常乐意照料孩子。
Sam: "Do you get along with your sisters-in-law?"
你和你的嫂子相处得怎么样?
John: "They are really nice. Suzie, my eldest brother's wife is an Olympic swimmer!"
他们非常好。Suzie,我的大嫂是奥林匹克游泳运动员!
Sam: "I can't believe that your grandparents are still alive!"
我无法相信你的祖父母还活着!
John: "Hah! You should sit down then, because I still have both great grandparents on my mom's side!"
哈哈,你应该坐下来。在我妈妈这边,我还有大祖父母呢。
Sam: "Goodness! I have a great uncle living in Canada, but I never see him"
太好了!我有一个大伯住在加拿大,但是我从来没有见过他。
John: "You should get in touch. It's great to have a sense of one's family tree"
你应该和他保持联系。了解你的家谱是一件很重要的事。
Sam: "Where do you all live?"
你们都住在哪里?
John: "Well, Troy lives in New York and has really done well"
Troy住在纽约,他过得很好。
Sam: "What does he do?"
他是做什么的?
John: "He became a lawyer right out of school and became partner of his firm within 3 years!"
他从学校毕业的时候成为了一名律师,后来3年内就成为了律师事务所的合伙人了。
Sam: "Wow, he really has gone far quickly"
哇噢,他真的发展得很快。
John: "My other brothers both work for my dad in the family business."
我其他的兄弟们都为在家族企业中为我爸爸工作。
Sam: ‘Do you have any dreams to travel or work overseas?'
你梦想过到国外旅行或者工作吗?
John: ‘I am very happy at home. I have a good job and having weekends and public holidays off is very important to me'.
我呆在国内觉得很开心。我有一份好工作,有愉快的周末和假期对我而言也很重要。
Sam: ‘What do you do in your spare time?'
你平时闲暇时间做些什么呢?
John: ‘The kids keep me very busy with picnics and sports days at school'
经常要带孩子们去野餐,去学校参加体育活动。
Sam: ‘Well, I envy your loving family environment!'
我很羡慕你的家庭氛围!