A:I really appreciate your driving me around.
我真的很感谢你开车带我绕一绕。
B:It's no problem.I have time today, and I think it's important that you find a good place.
没关系的。我今天有时间,我也认为你能找到一个好地方住是很重要的。
A:It would be hard for just me to do it. I don't know the city at all.
我自己来做的话会比较难。我对这个城市并不了解。
B:So what do you see in there?
那你看到了些什么?
A:This one sounds good.Efficiency with view of the lake.Utilities and parking included. Newly remodeled kitchen. $400.
这一个听起来不错。套房且有湖的景观。水电及停车都包含在内,新装潢过的厨房,四百美元。
B:Can you afford that much?
你能负担得起吗?
A:No, I guess not. But that's what I want, isn't it? An efficiency.
不,我想不行。但那就是我要的,是吧?一间“套房”。
B:Yes, an efficiency is a small apartment.Usually one large room and a small bathroom.There is often a small kitchen too. So it's good for one person.
对,套房的意思是一间小的公寓。通常是一间大的房间和一间小的浴室。往往还有一间小厨房,所以一个人住是不错的。
A:This one. Two male grad students seeking roommate.Must be quiet. Comfortable downtown apartment.Does this mean I have to share a room with them?
这一个。“两个男研究生在找室友。必须要安静。在市中心舒适的公寓。”这个意思是我需要跟他们共用一间房吗?
B:No. It probably means they have a large apartment.Probably a living room, kitchen and three bedrooms.They need someone for the empty bedroom.
不是,大概意思是他们有一套大的公寓。大概是一个客厅,厨房和三间卧室。他们需要一个人去分担另一间空房。
A:That sounds alright.
听起来还不错。
B:Yes, it might be an advantage for you. You are a foreigner, after all.If they're alright roommates, you could learn a lot from them.
是的,这对你来说或许是有益的。到底你是一个外国人。如果他们是还不错的室友,你还可以从他们那里学到一点东西。
A:Sounds good to me.I really appreciate your help on this.
听起来不错,我真的很感谢你的帮忙。
B:Don't mention it, Larry. What are friends for anyway?
不用客气,赖瑞。朋友是用来做什么的?