A:You look really wiped out.
你好像全垮了。
B:I had meetings back to back all morning. Then the printer broke in the middle of putting together the Soap presentation, and the phone rang off the hook from the minute I walked into the office.
今天上午是连轴开会。在准备香皂介绍时打印机又出了问题。电话从我一进门就响个不停。
A:Not a good day, I hate to tell you that Mr. Andy wants to see the designs for the Polish Ad tomorrow morning.
真不是好日子。我真不好意思告诉你,安迪先生明天上午还要看Polish 的广告设计。
B:I can’t believe it! I guess I’ll be here until 11 again tonight!
真难以置信!我想今天晚上又得在这熬到11点了。
1.look wiped out 看起来累垮了
You look really wiped out.
你好像累垮了。
2.back to back 一个接一个的
their first back-to-back victories of the season.
他们在本赛季的第一次连胜
3.in the middle of 在...中间
Who's pounding at the door in the middle of the night?
午夜时分,不知谁在敲门?
4.put together 整理
Tom put together a proposal that made beautiful sense.
汤姆编制了一份理由充分的建议书。