时间:2019-10-27 09:59:09 来源:平和英语村 作者:Myron
在如今的商务活动中,怎样维护客户的关系,每个企业都会把这个问题放在很重要的位置。那如何发现和培养潜在的大客户,这又是企业需要思考的重中之重的任务。今天,我们通过商务英语的职场对话学习,来了解一下怎样去挖掘潜在的大客户呢?
David: Hey Jack, how has the trade fair been going?
嗨.杰克.交易会进展如何?
Jack: It's been a really hectic day but so far everything has run like clockwork.
真是忙碌的一天.但迄今为止.一切运转顺利.
David: That's good to hear.
听起来还不错.
Jack: Were you able to give those clients a tour of the company facilities?
你带那些客户参观了公司设施吗?
David: Yes, I think it really impressed them.
是的.我想它会给他们留下了深刻的印象.
Jack: Great. First impressions count.
好极了.第一印象很重要.
David: Yes, I'm meeting them again tonight for dinner. What plans have you got for thisafternoon?
是的.晚餐时我会和他们再次碰面.今天下午你有何打算?
Jack: I am going to meet and greet some representatives from a potentially big customer.
我将迎接某个潜在大客户的代表们.
David: Great. You should be able to put on a real show to impress them. Why not take them on atour of the new factory?
好的.你可以让他们大开眼界了.为什么不带他们参观新工厂?
Jack: Hey, that's not such a bad idea. I think I might just do that!
嗯.好主意.我想不如就这样做!
David: Then tomorrow we might be able to get down and talk about business.
明天我们或许就可以坐下来谈生意
重点释疑:
1.It's been a really hectic day but so far everything has run like clockwork.
说到"忙",大家的第一反应就是busy.今天学到的hectic也是很好用的单词,意思是"忙碌的,繁忙的", very busy, full of activity.
to lead a hectic life 生活十分忙碌
a hectic schedule 安排很满的日程表
"clockwork"的意思是"(有类似时钟齿轮和发条装置的)机械;齿轮发条装置"."run/go like clockwork”是一个习语,意思就是"按计划进行,进展顺利".在昨天我的节目里我们也有一个意思相近的表达,就是"runsmoothly".
The sports day went like clockwork, with every race starting and finishing on time. 运动会进展顺利,所有赛事都准时开始,准时结束.
2. Were you able to give those clients a tour of the company facilities?
Give sb a tour of:带某人参观某处
和后面的"take sb on a tour of"意思相同.
3. First impressions count.
"count"在这里就是"be important"的意思.我们中文里有句话是"贵在心意,心意最重要"就是"It's the thought that counts."
Every point in this game counts. 这场比赛每一分都很重要.
The fact that she had apologized counted for nothing with him. 她已道歉,但他认为这是没有用的.
离开课仅剩天