Interviewer: I can see by your resume here that you studied business administration.
面试官:从你的简历上看你是学工商管理的。
Belinda: That's right.
贝琳达:是的。
Interviewer: So I wonder why you want to work for a newspaper.
面试官:那么我想知道你为什么想在报社工作。
Belinda: I did reporting for the university newspaper at my school. And I've always been very interested in journalism.
贝琳达:我以前在大学报社担任过报道工作。而且我对新闻工作一直很感兴趣。
Interviewer: But journalism it's a very different profession from administration. You know a lot about administration. Why don't you choose to work for a company looking for managers?
面试官:但新闻工作与管理工作是完全不同的职业。你很懂管理。为什么不选择到招聘经理人的公司去工作呢?
Belinda: I studied administration, yes, but I am more attracted to writing articles. I want to use my knowledge of business to write financial news.
贝琳达:我是学管理的,没错,但我对写文章更感兴趣。我想运用我所学的商业知识来写财经新闻。
Interviewer: A new reporter must expect to work many hours.
面试官:新手记者肯定要长时间工作的。
Belinda: I know that starting reporters work many hours. I am very willing to take on the challenge.
贝琳达:我知道刚开始做记者是要长时间工作的。我很乐意接受挑战。
Expecting Advancement 期望升职
Interviewer: If we give you the job. what is the most important thing you expect to get?
面试官:如果我们给你这份工作,你希望得到的最重要的东西是什么?
Harold: Well. I just want to enjoy what I am doing. It's the most important thing to me.
哈罗德:嗯,我只想在工作中找到快乐。对我而言,这是最重要的。
Interviewer: Just this?
面试官:就只有这个?
Harold: Yes, because I think being interested in things is the best teacher. I'll have more opportunities for career growth.
哈罗德:是的,因为我觉得兴趣是最好的老师,这样我在事业上就会有更多的发展机会。
Interviewer: Do you want to get a promotion?
面试官:你想得到提升吗?
Harold: Yes, of course.
哈罗德:当然想啊。
Interviewer: Where would you like to be in 5 years?
面试官:五年后你想做到什么职位?
Harold: In five years, I'd like to be a senior manager of this corporation.