时间:2017-08-20 09:59:35
来源:网络 作者:May
一、所强调的状语为单个的副词
能用于强调句被强调的副词很多,举例:
It was here that he differed from an Englishman.
他和英国人的不同就在于此。
It was only then that I began to learn the unpalatable truth about John.
直到那时我才开始了解到有关约翰的一些令人难以接受的实情。
It was yesterday that my secretary sent the bill to Mr Harding.
我的秘书是在昨天把账单送给哈丁先生的。
二、所强调的状语为副词性短语
所谓副词性短语,就是指起副词作用可用状语的短语,如last week, some time ago, three days later等。如:
It was about 600 years ago that the first clock with a face and an hour hand was made.
第一面带有一个钟面和一根时针的钟是在大约600年前制造的。
It was only last February that he announced he would run for president.
去年2月他才宣布自己将参加总统竞选。
It was last night that John wore his best suit to the dance.
约翰是昨晚穿着他最好的衣服去参加舞会的。
三、所强调的状语为介词短语
介词短语的最主要功能就是用作状语,所以在强调句中,强调用作状语的介词短语的现象十分普遍。如:
It was through hard work that he succeeded.
他是通过自己的勤奋工作而成功的。
It was only after his death that she learned of his affair with Betty.
一直到他死后她才知道他和贝蒂有染。
It was along the Mississippi River that Mark Twain spent much of his childhood.
正是在密西西比河沿岸,马克·吐温度过了他童年的大部分时间。
It was for this reason that her uncle moved out of New York and settled down in a small village.
这就是她的叔叔离开纽约,搬到一个小山村住下来的原因。
It is only on the world market that we can prove the competitiveness and quality of our goods.
只有在国际市场上我们才能证明自身商品的竞争力和质量。
It was thanks to your stupidity that we lost the game.
我们输掉比赛是由于你的愚蠢。
四、所强调的状语为状语从句
It was after he got what he had desired that he realized it was not so important.
在他得到自己所渴望的东西后,他意识到那并不是那么重要。
It was because I wanted to buy a dictionary that I went to town yesterday.
我昨天是由于想买本字典而进城的。
It was only when I read her letter that I realised what was happening.
一直到我读了她的信以后,我才意识到发生了什么事。
五、所强调的状语涉及not…until…句式
not…until…句式中的until可能是介词(用于引出介词短语作状语)也可能是连词(用于引出从句作状语)。
这类句式的基本结构是It is (was) not until…that…(注意that后面的句子要用肯定式)。如:
It was not until the meal was over that he turned up.
一直到用餐结束以前,他都没有现身。
It was not until I met you that I knew real happiness.
直到我遇到你以后,我才真正体会到幸福。
It was not until 1911 that the first of the vitamins was identified.
直到1911年才发现了第一种维生素。
It was not until I saw him laughing that I realized what a fool I had been.
直到我看见他笑了,我才意识到我是多么笨。