A: The boss has an errand for you.
老板给你安排了个活儿。
B: What is my task, sir?
什么活儿啊?
A: Scope out the city’s shopping malls and find out the best deals.
找出城里的大型购物商场,看看在哪家买最划算。
B: The best deals on what sort of items?
买什么东西呀?
A: Office supplies, of course.
当然是办公用品了。
B: I’m leaving now.
那我走了。
A: Hold your horses. Don’t leave without finishing your report first.
慢着,别忘了先把你的报告写完再走。
B: Fine, I’ll finish, then go shopping!
没问题。写完了我就去逛商场!
单词简析
1) Hold your horses : relax, wait a moment
等一会儿, 别着急
Hold you horses, miss, you can’t go into the shopping center until 9AM.
小姐,请等一会儿,上午九点商场才开门。
2) Mall : an indoor multi-level shopping center
购物中心
Kid who goes to the mall too much are called mall rats.
老去购物中心里瞎逛的小孩叫做“商场老鼠”。
3)Office supplies : items used in the workplace, pens, paper...
办公用品
I am off to the mall to buy some office supplies, do you want to come?
我要去购物中心里买点儿办公用品,你跟不跟我去?
4)Run errands : do tasks, finish a small project, go out and do something
跑腿,办点儿事
I have to run a few errands at the post office, do you want to come along?
我必须得去趟邮局办点儿事,你想不想一起去?